上海夜生活,上海夜生活网,上海夜网论坛 - Powered by May 2019

Ford to launch more than 30 new models in China over next three years

SHANGHAI/BEIJING ( ) – Ford Motor plans to launch more than 30 new models in Chin,上海夜网官方网站Radley,a over the next three years of which over a third will be electric vehicles, the U.S. automaker said on Wednesday, as it seeks to reverse slumping sales in the world’s top auto market.

Ford had said previously it would launch 50 new or significantly redesigned vehicles in China starting in 2018 and through 2025, and Wednesday’s announcement provides more clarity on the timeline.

Its China operations chief Anning Chen said the automaker is comm上海夜生活论坛itting itself to improving its relationships with Chinese joint-venture partners and localizing its management teams by hiring and promoting more Chine,上海夜生活怎么玩Tallulah,se nationals and global talent with Chinese expertise, among other initiatives.

The new plans are intended to “enable us to gain the momentum to break through” in the marketplace, Chen told a small group of reporters.

Ford has been struggling to revive sales in China, the second biggest market globally for the Dearborn, Michigan automaker, after its business bega,上海晚上耍女人的地方Dalton,n slumping in late 2017. Sales slumped 37 percent in 2018, after a 6 percent decline in 2017.

Ford has said its sales crisis stemmed mainly from a lack of new products. Industry experts also ascribe the company’s China trouble to the Sino-U.S. trade war and its rocky relationship with domestic partners Changan Automobile Group and Jiangling Motors Group.

Zinke’s sock tweet may have violated U.S. campaign law

WASHINGTON ( ) – Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke on Tuesday deleted a photo of a sock he was wearing with President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” campaign slogan on it after realizing he may have violated a law that prohibits federal employees from engaging in political activity.

While attending a meeting of,上海夜玩网论坛Landon, the Western Governors Association at South Dakota’s Mount Rushmore, Zinke tweeted a photo of his leg covered with a sock with Trump’s image on it and his Make America Great Again campaign slogan.

“Breaking in new socks on a hike with the governors today,” the official @SecretaryZinke Twitter account said.

Several tweeters and watchdog groups were quic,上海高端夜生活在那里Hadley,k to observe that donning campaign-style apparel while conducting official business is a violation of the Hatch Act.

The Campaign for Accountability responded to the @SecretaryZinke tweet with a link to a March 5 letter posted by the Office of Special Counsel (OSC), which updated its guidance on the Hatch Act in light of Trump confirming he will run for re-election.

“While on duty or in the workplace, employees may not: wear, display, or distribute items with the slogan ‘Make America Great Again’ or any other materials from President Trump’s 2016 or 2020 campaigns; use hashtags such as #MAGA or #ResistTrump in social media posts or other forums; or display non-official pictures of President Trump,” the letter said.

Later in the afternoon, Zinke replaced his earlier tweet on his official account with a photo of the same sock with “Make America Great Again” blacked out.

“Earlier I tweeted a pic of my new socks not realizing it had what could be viewed as a political slogan. I’ve deleted it and apologize for the mistake. I remain excited about all the incredible policy work POTUS is doing,” the tweet said.

Watchdog groups and Democratic lawmakers have been eying Zinke’s official and political activities.

Earlier this month, the Office of Special Counsel cleared Zinke of allegations of improper political activity under the Hatc上海夜生活网h Act when he spoke to the Las Vegas Golden Knights, a professional hockey team owned by one of his campaign donors, in June 2017.

In March, two Democratic lawmakers asked for an OSC investigation into whether Zinke v,上海夜生活Naia,iolated the Hatch Act when he traveled to Pennsylvania to announce funding for a coal mine reclamation site in February. Several local Republican politicians attended, including Rick Saccone, who ran in a high-profile special election in the neighboring district just days later.

The Interior Dept. was not immediately available for comment.

U.S. issued waivers to Trump’s travel ban at rate of 2 percent,…

WASHINGTON ( ) – One argument the Trump administration made to the Supreme Court this spring to prove the legality of its travel ban on several majority-Muslim countries was that it had a robust waiver process that would allow people in on a case-by-case basis.

But new State Departme,上海足浴夜网联系方式Fabi,nt statistics released on Tuesday show that U.S. consular officers issued waivers to the ban in only 2 percent of visa applications over the course of nearly five months.

On Tuesday, the ban was allowed to stand by the Supreme Court, which rejected arguments that it represented unconstitutional religious discrimination. Civil rights groups and Democrats denounced the ruling.

President Donald Trump has said the travel ban is needed to protect the United States against attacks by Islamist militants.

People from countries covered by the ban filed 33,176 applications for non-immigrant and immigrant visas between Dec. 8, 2017 and April 30, according to data in a June 22 letter from Assistant Secretary of State Mary Waters to Democratic Senator Chris Van Hollen. The letter was received by Van Hollen’s office on Tuesday, and his office provided it to .

Of those, 4,900 applications were rejected for reasons other than the travel ban, while 1,147 were found eligible for visas based on an exception to the ban. Those exceptions apply to specific categories including refugees, dual nationals or diplomats, and people in such categories do not need waivers.

Of the remaining 27,129 visa applicants, 579 were “cleared for waivers” – a rate of 2.1 percent. It was unclear how many of those cleared for waivers actually received U.S. visas.

Nearly 4,200 applicants have been interviewed but are “still awaiting a determination on a waiver,” the letter states. Between April 30 and May 31, a further 189 people were cleared for waivers, but it is unclear how many more applications were filed in that time.

The State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the numbers.

RESTRICTIONS VARY

The ban blocks citizens of Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen, and some Venezuelan government officials and their family members, from obtaining a broad range of U.S. immigrant and non-immigrant visas.

The restrictions vary from country to country – Somalians, for instance, can receive short-term visas and Iranians are allowed to get student visas, while North Koreans are blocked from all U.S. visas. People who fall into such carve-outs do not need waivers. Chad was previously covered by the ban but was removed in April.

In the months since the travel ban went into effect, “the number of cases cleared for waivers has grown at an increasing rate,” Waters wrote.

The ban has already had a dramatic impact since going into effect, with the number of people from the affe,上海夜生活怎么玩Dakota,cted countries able to obtain visas plummeti上海夜网ng. [See graphic: tmsnrt.rs/2tyHpRa]

The September proclamation establishing the ban said waivers could be granted if denying entry would cause “undue hardship,” if entry of the person would not pose a threat to the United States, and if entry would be in the national interest.

In oral arguments in April before the Supreme Court, U.S. Solicitor General Noel Francisco, defending the ban, told justices that consular officers had authority to issue waivers.

“The consular officer, him or herself, turns to the waiver provision and applies the criteria of the waiver provision,” Francisco said.

But in practice, attorneys and visa applicants say the State Department process is not transparent and rarely results in an actual waiver.

Christopher Richardson, a U.S. diplomat from 2011 to 2018 who most,上海凤楼夜网Hal, recently served at the U.S. Embassy in Madrid, stated in an affidavit in federal court this month that consular officers were not authorized to issue waivers on their own.

Instead, he said, they had to send notice to U.S. officials in Washington so they could decide to deny or grant the waiver. Richardson’s affidavit was first reported by Slate.

In a dissenting opinion on Tuesday, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer examined the waiver process at length, and mentioned a case of a Yemeni child with cerebral palsy who was initially denied a U.S. visa. The incident “provides yet more reason to believe that waivers are not being processed in an ordinary way,” he wrote.